With the advancement in science and technology, it has become easy now to get that younger and tighter skin that you always wanted. There is a non-surgical procedure and therefore there is no need to worry about the incisions or knife. This is also approved by FDA and therefore considered safe.
It is called Ultherapy, which is an ultrasound treatment used for skin tightening. It is considered safe and requires a lesser downtime than surgical procedures. Therefore, you can get back to your daily routine immediately after the procedure. It is now being used by many clinics that can give you this safe treatment.
At Retens, which is a well-known aesthetic centre, they use the technology named the Ultherapy Contour Lifting treatment that is also certified by the European Union CE. Here the Ulthera probes will transmit the ultrasonic energy to the skin which is similar to the traditional facelifts. Effects can be seen immediately and will keep improving after two, three or half a year.
That said, certain after-care instructions need to be followed to get the best results from this therapy:
- Be gentle with your skin. You can wash your face and wear makeup too. But avoid using anything strong and irritating for your skin. A light moisturizer and a creamy facial cleanser will do.
- Avoid exposing your skin to the sunlight for a longer time. It would be beneficial to wear an SPF before stepping out of your house during the day.
- It will take a while to get results. So, be patient and watch your skin get better every day. This is because this therapy makes your body generate collagen (which diminishes with age). So, day by day when your body would produce protein then the skin would start getting better and tighter.
- You can get back to your daily routine after the procedure but you can wait for your doctor’s advice. Care must be taken if you have been given some pain medications or local anaesthetic during the procedure.
- In case of a local anaesthetic given, you may experience some swelling. In such cases, you can sleep on several pillows for 2 to 3 nights after the procedure.
- Blisters appearing in the area can be very rare, but if it does then you need to consult your service provider immediately.
- It is quite normal to experience swelling, mild tenderness and bruising on the skin for some time but this will not last long.
- If you have been given an antiviral, then it is recommended that you finish up the entire course.
- You may also experience some numbness or shooting pain in the bone area but this is temporary.
This therapy is a foolproof procedure as the 超聲刀 delivers the waves to each area of your skin in depth, heating the skin tissue to the optimal hot spot. You cannot perform any other procedure along with this therapy as it might lead to skin problems or irritation.
Kindly ensure that you find a good plastic surgeon for this procedure who can perform this therapy cautiously and safely.