In Australia, nearly 9 out of 10 adults love to eat snacks and 40% of Australians snack between meals. On average, an adult in Australia consumes at least four packaged snacks in a week. The most common reason for snacking is to satisfy their hunger pangs between meals. Meat stores and grocery stores sell beef jerky in Australia. Jerky refers to meat that has reduced moisture and is cured in a salt solution, and its flavour is more potent than unprocessed meat. Australians love the taste of beef jerky and eat it as a snack. It is commonly found in their lunch boxes and pantries because it is tasty, low in fat, and a good source of protein. It is delicious and nutritious and comes in different flavours. Salt-cured beef is a snack and an excellent source of essential nutrients.
Beef Jerky is low in carbohydrates, high in protein and provides all essential amino acids needed by the body. It is healthier than other snacks and suitable for people following low-carb or paleo diets. It is famous for its dried, chewy and salty taste. Some people dice it and add it to omelettes, soups or stews. If people want the maximum benefit from Beef Jerky, they must find one free of synthetic nitrates, growth hormones and artificial ingredients.
Why do Australians eat Beef Jerky?
- Australians love the taste of this salt-cured meat.
- Jerky doesn’t have harmful preservatives and additives.
- Only grass-fed cattle are used to make jerked beef, and it is natural and healthy.
- It comes in easy-to-carry packets, and people can take it anywhere.
- The protein in the snack helps people to stay energetic and hunger-free.
How is Beef Jerky made?
Jerky tastes good when the beef is obtained from grass-fed cattle. Lean cuts are preferred because they cook better using slower and low-heat cooking methods. The curing solution used to make Jerky gives a taste to the meat and increases its shelf life. It has an antimicrobial effect and prevents the growth of bacteria. Marinated strips of meat are spread out and smoked at low temperatures.
The popular flavours of Beef Jerky
- Sea salt
- Italian style
- Hot and sweet
Health benefits of eating Jerky
Beef Jerky has vast amounts of protein which are the building block of the human body. Eating food rich in protein reduces food cravings and keeps hunger levels low. It also has less amount of fats and carbohydrates. This salt-cured beef is a high-energy snack suitable for people following a paleo or keto diet. It has significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, calcium, phosphorus and zinc.
Why do people like Beef Jerky?
- Jerked beef has less fat because nearly 97% is removed during curing.
- It has high amounts of protein which helps people to withstand hunger and also build muscles.
- Jerky is made by marinating and curing beef with spices and sauces. The salt in it acts as a natural preservative.
- Beef Jerky has zinc and iron, which help in boosting immunity. Iron increases the number of red blood cells, and zinc cures the body internally.
- Moisture from the beef is removed during the curing process. It prevents the growth of bacteria, and cured beef has a long shelf life.
Most people love eating Beef Jerky in Australia. It is a natural and healthy snack suitable for people of all ages. It is a muscle-building supplement that tastes great.